Float therapy is such a simple idea that some of the benefits may seem too good to be true. Scientific research has validated the health-giving and performance-enhancing effects of floating.
The vast majority of people use float therapy for relaxation and elimination of stress, but others will benefit from a medical standpoint. Researchers and float tank users report many different beneficial effects from float therapy, from general well-being through to mental and physical benefits.
Here are just a few of the many benefits reported by those who have utilized the power of float therapy:
- Promotes total calm and peaceful relaxation
- Eliminates fatigue and jetlag
- Improves sleep
- Alleviates stress (mental and physical)
- Energizes, rejuvenates and revitalizes
- Increases motivation, diminishes depression, anxiety and fear
- Facilitates freedom from negative habits, phobias and addictions
- Stimulates left/right brain synchronization
- Shifts brain waves from alpha to lower frequency beta, theta and even delta
- Creates mental clarity making you more alert
- Increases creativity resulting in problem solving
- Deepens meditation
- Expands awareness, intensifies acuteness of all the senses
- Accelerates learning potential
- Decreases the production of Cortisol, ACTH, and adrenaline
- Increases production of endorphins
- Speeds up rehabilitation and recovery
- Provides anti-inflammatory muscle relief
- Relieves pain (fibromyalgia, arthritis, migraines, injuries and so on)
- Offers comfort for pregnancy symptoms
- Relieves pressure from feet and back
- Boosts immune function
- Improves circulation and distribution of oxygen and nutrients
- Enriches digestion with increased production of lactic acid
- Reduces blood pressure
- Improves athletic performance
We could go on with the endless possible benefits, but you will never know until you try floating.
Come check out our brand new facility, and book your very own float today!
Float Therapy for Stress Management
Our bodies have amazing powers of healing and recuperation, we just need the chance to relax to let these internal powers work. It may be difficult for some people to relax in this fast-paced world we live in. In fact, all of us are consistently experience high levels of stress resulting from various situations and circumstances we encounter on a daily basis.
Numerous studies show that stress is the basic cause of more than 60% of all human illness and disease. Actually, the majority of doctors visits and absences from work are as a result of stress-related problems. Stress can also grow slowly, go unnoticed, or be completely ignored by some individuals for years. Lack of time, information, and positive motivation can cause stress to build up inside which unnecessarily wastes energy.
With this in mind, one of the most important skills we can ever learn is stress management, and the number one stress-reliever is relaxation. If you are willing to make a simple change in your life, let that change be more time given for relaxation.
At Cocoon Float Spa, deep relaxation is possible in an all natural way!
Float therapy naturally provides an environment free from all sensations of gravity, temperature, touch, sight and sound. These sensations account for 90% of normal neuro-muscular activity. Individuals are capable of conserving and redirecting vast amounts of natural physical and mental energy that result in deep relaxation. By floating regularly, moods become more stable, thoughts become clearer, health improves, and the risk of illness diminishes.
Let us help you manage stress the right way, go ahead and book a float session today!